Thursday, July 24, 2008

Updates From the Chocolate Room

Typically I send emails out to my customers to let them know the status of their order. Usually I only need to do that when the production is running a bit slow and I know that the TAT might be a little longer than promised. So I send emails letting people know, if their order is up next to be made, currently being made, occasionally an email to let them know when their item will ship if I can't get to the PO as soon as I would like, and always an email to confirm that their item has shipped.

But I'm wondering...is this too much? I receive good feedback and thanks from everyone for keeping them as updated as I possibly can and lots of good feedback on my customer service, which is extremely important to me. But at the same time, sending those emails can be a bit taxing.

I'm thinking that instead of sending out all those emails, I'm going to encourage people to come to my blog where I will be regularly updating on the status of most orders.

So...it would work like this. You'd receive an auto email after your purchase. If....let's say 3 weeks go by and you're curious about your order status. You could come to my blog and read what order numbers I'm currently working on, what orders are in the next batch (I have to do everything in batches), and an estimated shipping time. Then when your order ships, I'll send you a confirmation email.

In version 2.0 of the Tiny Cravings site design, this will all be taken care of, as there will be customer accounts so you'd only have to login to your account, and click a button to check on the status of your order. But until that happy day...I think I'm going to have a little banner/table chart listing the batches, production, and estimated shipping for each batch. That should also help keep ME on schedule, yeah? =)

I'll be posting order updates here shortly. Just need to figure out the best way to do it. =)

Cheers,
Jeanine

Tiny Cravings Jewelry
http://tinycravings.com

6 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you for the update with how you will be doing things I think that is the best way as well it takes to much time to write and send all those emails even if it's personal way to do things, I was thinking about my summer cupcake but knew it would be about 3 wks or so before I even got it or heard from you on, maybe a excel spread sheet would be a good way to do things put date when making and then when you think you'll be done with them for a time frame or something like that just thinking over in as well, oh I got my pink on pink cupcake I order for Esty it's so cute love it thanks again

Jeanine said...

Already taken care of!! =) I just put it up on my website. I decided it would be easier for customers to get the info there, than having to come here. I created a new page order status/TAT which gives lots of information about the way I work, and has a table of the current orders and when they are estimated to ship. =) Let me know if it is confusing to read at all.

Anonymous said...

Wow, actually it's really easy to read and understand and a neat-o idea! I personally didn't think their were too many emails being sent from ya! I think whatever works best for you and is easiest is the right way to go :)

Jeanine said...

Thanks Tet! =) I just read that comment you left about the birthday party cupcake scent. It's Buttercream Frosting...I love it so much. It's the same scent the heart cookies come in and I just want to eat those up! I get it from a friend who sends me free samples of stuff all the time when I order from her. She also makes tons of B&B products in this scent. *swoons*

Pookie Tookie Diary said...

Hiii hun!

Its been a long time now :D how are you? :D
I use that system with login and they can see their order status all time, its really easy i am sure you will love it :D i have to figure out a good cart system its been a real problem lately!... :(

Cheers
Nella

Anonymous said...

I think that if it's taxing on you, then maybe it's time to implement a system that isn't so. I know, easier said than done. lol.

But the order status/TAT thing is pretty simple to understand, so that could be an alternative until you get the username thing set up. ^^

Hope you're well. :]
mlj