Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer Smoothies Going Bye Bye!!

Update...

I had to delay several orders due to the fact that I ran out of silver chains. I just can't keep them in stock!! I know that $5 for a sterling silver chain of this quality is actually really cheap, and I've had alot of people tell me I should raise my prices...but I offer the chain options to my clients as a special service to them. I'm not trying to make money off of that. I notice that some of my "competitors" <--(I call them this for lack of a better word, though I hate using that term) charge quite a bit more for their silver chains and such. I find it disappointing to be honest, as it seems like a blatant rip off to charge someone for a charm and then try to make an additional several dollars off of them for a chain. *shrugs* Better for me though, eh? =) I like taking care of you guys and keeping you all happy!

Also, I'm considering switching to only Priority Mail. Which means shipping prices would increase a bit. I'd love your thoughts on this. I'm just REALLY tired of spending hours at the post office mailing packages (plus gas prices are horrible). It would be so much easier methinks to just print the priority labels online and have them picked up. It's a shame you can't do First Class online. I'm just worried that people aren't going to be too happy with increased shipping prices, especially if they only order like one charm. Hmm...what to do...

Well...I'm about halfway done with the bulk of the Summer Smoothie Cupcakes...yeyyy!!! *clappity clap* I think I'm going to close off orders for them this week. Not sure exactly what day, but I'll send out a newsletter (as promised) to let you all know when exactly I will be closing the summer smoothie orders.

Why am I closing them? Well...to make room for my new Party Cupcakes of course! I absolutely adore these cupcakes, and they have been receiving fantastic reviews so I'm going to be creating a wide range of Party Cupcakes. You'll have the ability to customize your own on my website, as with all my cupcakes. ^_^ I think customization is just so special. Where else can you get an (affordable) item that you build from top to bottom! (I also have a little surprise planned where you'll be able to literally customize your own cupcake in real time on my website and see how it looks...yey how cool will that be?)

So the Party Cupcakes will most likely be the last items I add before I start introducing my fall line. Can you tell I'm uber excited about this? I would love to tell you all some of the items I'll be adding...but I know a few copycats that unfortunately stalk my sites and blog and like to make similar posts and similar items LOL (how unoriginal!!) so I'm not going to give anything away just yet. They'll actually have to force themselves to be creative for once. Imagine that!! =P

Cheers Tears & Bunny Ears!!
<3 Jeanine

Tiny Cravings Jewelry
http://tinycravings.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow. Totally excited for the next thing I can spend my money on! lol.

I wouldn't mind paying a little more for shipping if it would be better for you, btw. ^^

Anonymous said...

Hmmm - would the shipping change be for international customers too? I know online postage doesn't like First Class International either. I can't remember if Global Priority is much more.... It would be harder for me to purchase as much as I would, if shipping turned out to be like over $10 for one item :/ But I would still buy from ya, I'd just have to pick and choose :P

Ooooh, I like the idea of this new "customize cupcake and see how it looks" idea! I was looking at customizing a birthday cake, but was planning on emailing you to figure out what some of the colors/sprinkles looked like (as I was confused as to which colors were called what, etc).

Jeanine said...

You know, international shipping would take a beating! Priority international shipping is like $22, and I wouldn't want to force people to pay that much. Maybe I can do a special shipping only for international customers like a few times a month only?

And yeah, I really need to update the photos on my website. I've been waiting for a lens to arrive so that I can take really great close ups of my jewelry. Some of those photos are really out of date, including the birthday ones. I think the way I make them now looks quite different...but better of course.

And I realize that some of the options with the sprinkles would be confusing since I change the way the sprinkles look on every different cupcake style I make hehe. But I hope to have it all standardized and clear soon enough. I'll also be removing quite a few items from the shop as well.

Anonymous said...

Ah yeah - I think me personally, I would be ok with the "few times a month" idea. I don't know how many international customers you do get... I seem to order from you right when there's something new :P I think the only time this idea might be a bit 'hmm' would be if international customers wanted to order things for someone's birthday or as gifts.... But I'd hope that they would check dates anyways since it takes about two or three weeks for orders to be shipped as it is, as well as being able to see what's going with shipping arrangements via the blog/website :)

Pookie Tookie Diary said...

Hey Sweet

wow that would be so amazing!
It is a must for the cupcake princess to have that lol "customize cupcake and see how it looks" this is sooo perfect!
Cant wait to see it on your new website! :D

Btw about the necklace its true 5$ is really cheap for these lovely necklaces, i charge 7$ because i have to order them outside europe wich cost me exactly 7$ then i have a huge shipping price to pay and Douane Kost almost 20$ If you know a place where i can get them cheaper just let me know lol or maybe you can supply me :D

About the shipping i would add that option a recently shipped a huge package for italy with First Class and i have to say i am really happy the day after they got theire package :D

I am so excited for you i am sure your new line will be amazing let us wait and let it be a surprise :D

Jeanine said...

Thanks Nella. =) And thanks to one of my wonderful customers I think all my shipping woes have been solved...and I may never need to visit that blasted post office again. Yey! Now I'm using a really cheap service to print all labels domestic and international and having them picked up at my house. As for the chains, I might have to raise mine a teeny bit sadly, as the prices for silver just keep going up! Yikes.

Kishna said...

just wanted to let you know, if you haven't found out already, you can print out 1st class shipping using paypal shipping. ;)