Tuesday, September 23, 2008

No Time To Say Hello Goodbye

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates recently...I've been smothered under a mound of orders and emails and am only very slowly beginning to crawl my way back out. Starting to see a very faint light at the end of the tunnel...

Anyways. When Tiny Cravings began, I wanted to be sure to give you, the customer, as many options as possible to completely customize your perfect jewelry items. However as time goes on I'm finding that there are just far too many of you with far too many tastes and interests that I simply cannot keep up in the customization aspect. Therefore, there will be big changes to Tiny Cravings soon...for you see...I too have my own tastes and interests...and most often...they do not coincide with that of my customers. Well they do at first, but by the 500th or so cupcake...it gets old. You understand? =) Yes, I think so.

So, I know I said I would have tons of Halloween items, but instead I'll be spending most of October preparing for a Halloween Ball where I will have a table and will be peddling my lovely Tiny Cravings items. I plan on having ALOT of items just in case, but have a feeling that I will probably over prepare...so everything that doesn't sell at the Ball will be listed on my etsy. Most likely at very reduced prices, depending on if it's Halloween stuff, general Fall stuff, Christmas...etc.

Which means that I'll most likely be closing off most of the online shop while I am preparing. I don't think I'll ever completely stop taking custom orders...I hate to disappoint and have a real problem saying "no" ...but in general, the custom options will disappear, and when Tiny Cravings comes back after Halloween with lots of great stuff for Christmas, there won't be many custom items anymore. I'll most likely be making what I want...whatever I want...and whatever I want seems to always be popular for at least awhile. I don't know if I'll completely start putting everything up on etsy or redesign my website to accommodate this...we'll see. I still have a long way to go before I get to that point. =P

But I'll be sure to keep everyone updated with what I'm doing in the next month, and take photos of the work that I'm doing, and lots of photos at the Ball on Halloween. =) I hope it's as fun as I'm expecting!

Cheers,
Jeanine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand what you mean with the custom orders. :D And the Halloween Ball sounds really fun. I seriously doubt that you'll have anything left to put up on etsy. You're creations are too cute not to sell out! :D

Jeanine said...

Thank you! =) I can't wait for the Enchanted Ball...and I honestly don't care if I sell anything or not hehe, I'm just looking forward to making things that I really love! And I hope to have lots of stuff to put on etsy afterwards too!